What it is ?
Wordsmith Star is a food rating system for food of Calcutta / Bengal. Food will be rated as per the below criteria
• Product quality
• Visual aspects
• Local ingredients
• Authenticity of the food
• Ambiance of the eatery (street food included)
• Personality of the chef reflected in the food or uniqueness
• Service / Price Point
How many Stars ?
- One Star : Decent and deserves a re-visit
- Two Star : Excellent and not to be missed
- Three Star : Heritage Class and to be visited /eaten at least once in a Lifetime
Process of Rating
- We shall invite entries from food businesses. Entries will include photos and description of their 3 best dishes
- We may also take up an establishment suo moto if we find this deserves to be rated
- Our Food Inspectors (qualified chefs, food bloggers) will visit incognito and like a paying customer and will send us a report and will not know anything else. They will be under a NDA not to disclose their identity as Food Inspectors. Any disclosure means immediate disqualification.
- The business will receive a plaque of being a Wordsmith Star establishment
- The Business will be featured in our English journal Freespace and Bengali journal লাবণ্য
Who can apply :
In general, any food to customer business and includes Fine Dining Restaurants, Cafe, Patisserie, Restaurant, Footpath / Street food, Caterers, Freelance food sellers.